Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: I am an Infoscion finally ..

Dec 27, 2007

I am an Infoscion finally ..

After 19 years of continuous education (1 year gap after higher secondary makes it 20) finally, I became an Infoscion by the virtue of getting placed in Infosys on the first day of our campus placements. The initial reaction after getting the news was of absolute frenzy with tight hugs and warm handshakes from batch-mates and then hours of phone calls for sending out the 'breaking news'. Well, quite a good news as my parents were waiting for this since last 3 and half years. They finally breathed the sigh of relief as this was a cue they were waiting for (they seems to have discounted the news that I was going to become a 'Sadhu').

For my close friends, this was the music to their ears because after one and half years I was telling them that I am back the world of "Information Technology". I was really sick of explaining the full form of acronym "IFMR" (Institute for Financial Management & Research which happens to be my MBA institute) to my friends so I started using the catch phrase ICICI bank which are among the promoters of the institute. So for all this while I sounded less like a student and more like an employee of ICICI bank. On one hand I was defending myself to the fact that my institute is not 'so well known' (even Indian Institute(s) for People with Money is more popular and they get more number of admission enquiries than us) and on the other hand I was trying to keep my confidence level high by assuming that "agar kuch naa hua to ICICI bank hai naa" just like their ad campaign "HUM HAIN NAA".


On the day of placements ICICI really showed that "They were there" by offering jobs to almost half of the batch (you can always play around stats isn't it?) but for me it was the time to make a brave decision by venturing out of the comfort zone and redeeming myself. Day 1 was Monday and that meant sleepless Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I was having 4 IT companies to choose from and after two 'natural rejections' I finally got to celebrate on Monday. It was more like a dream come true (more because I was dreaming about the interview scenarios since past few days hehe..). Well I was really happy to have accepted the offer.

And finally I am all set to join Infosys sometime after graduating from IFMR in April. Infy! I am coming but it will be really great if you people can tell me my joining dates, profile and salary because it seems that you change your mind in every other college.


Well, have to write a lot of interesting stuff from placements. So keep watching...

No comments: