Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: One whirlwind week

Feb 18, 2006

One whirlwind week

The last week was great. I almost spent the half of it on haryana roadways buses. First it was a ride to Delhi for my SIIB interview and then a journey to chandigarh to catch up with the NIFT entrance test for a programme in Fashion Management. Well i am glad that i took the test, (it is atleast one test where they can't really compalain about having 33% reservation for girls. If the sheer number of female candidates is anything to go by, i think about 60% of the students qualifying the test will be girls.

The week have given me quite a few chances to realize my strengths and weaknesses (i spent a considerable amount of time writing answers to these commonly asked questions during interviews) but i am still wondering that are the interviews really can judge a person's talent and skills. I mean that when the convictions can merely change due to the color of your shirt or the way you sit on a chair or the way you dress, then i think we need to differentiate between learning of corporate culture and business skills.

I feel that i am not at my creative best, so better i hit the bed and wake up with some organized thoughts...
Will write about my interview experience some time soon.

No comments: