Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: NO Subject..

Oct 2, 2006

NO Subject..

One trimester ended, one is about to begin. So here I am sitting at the threshold of one and initiation point of another. On Friday evening we were informed to collect our books and other materials immediately after the exams. The sight of Kotler - Kellers Marketing Management book and the book on corporate finance was just enough to make me week on my knees. I felt numb holding the book as if something is being forced on me and intruding into my peace for the next three nights three days. I don’t want to give myself any credit but I can’t deny that I have tried my level best for the papers except for the economics paper where I was really bamboozled by the paper. The point is that in our Engineering College end of the exam meant a lot of fun for at least a couple of weeks.

Well the speed of the life has changed. Maturity is slowly creeping crawling into our system. Movies are only subject of discussion during weekends, girls are no subject now. Wine and Vodka is now a part of fantasy, Food doesn’t matter anymore. However bad it may be, people will eat and complains are restricted to the dining table only. Sleep is unimportant for most of us (exceptions are there). Sleep deprivation is compulsory. Suddenly any distance above 5 kms sounds too far away and silence seems to be too good.

I remember how we use to drive for like 40 kilometers at early hours in the morning to get something to eat. Here, everything is available on a click of the phone but take the fun, frolic and friendship out of my food, and food has no meaning for me then. MBA has started making sense for me. It’s really about unlearning and relearning. I am unlearning the meaning of fun for me and relearning about how to make this fun into a Business plan. Well, the thing is that I just can’t complain. The pseudo Punjabi factor in me makes me gregarious enough to enjoy whatever I have on my platter. Be it the food, the amount of free time I get, the friends I have here and well also my MBA. Classes from tomorrow, I think I will get enough to pen down.

No comments: