Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: 'Age of Empire'

Apr 19, 2006

'Age of Empire'

Life in an engineering college hostel is completely crazy. It's kind of raw, untouched by the rules and regulations of the normal life. There is no normal sleeping time, there is no time to wake up, no time for meals and sometimes, absolutely no time for lectures. You plan different things and then execute the different ones. You start doing one thing and end up doing another. you vow every night to start the next day fresh and from scratch and then, you forget your resolutions the next morning.

This is my last semester in this college and thanks god! i am trying to live every moment to the fullest. I am trying to make up for the sleep deprivation which I will get in my MBA college by sleeping for like 8-10 hrs a day (sometimes throughout the day). I have started playing tennis as I don't know that when and where I will get a 3000 Rs. tennis racket and endless number of Cosco balls for free. I am watching cricket all day for I know that this is a privilege which I won't be enjoying in the coming years. I am chatting with my future batchmates furiously in a bid to know them better and better.And then, I am learning this new game "Age of Empire" which can be played on the local network.

Well, last whole night was spent on learning this new game and I am a newbie still. eight ofmy friends grouped themselves into two teams of four each and then the game continued for eight hours without a result. Eight long hours!?? yes, I think that the only student community on this earth that can afford a luxury like this is computer science and engineering students of our college. If this was not enough, most of the players slept throughout the day and woke up only to feed their empty belly. They tried to lure me with the fact that the game essentialy checks your management skills and ability to plan things taking into consideration, the need of the hour. useless to say that I fell for the crap and tonight will be the second night which I am going to waste for the match practice. after all, I am a computer engg. student and I can afford this luxury of wasting this much time.

No comments: