Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: Nostalgia...

Apr 7, 2006

Nostalgia...

Life is really mysterious. The more you try to understand it, the more it becomes complicated. The one aspect of it, that baffles me most, is the uncertainty and sometimes the certainty with which things happen with you. For five long years, I have cherished the memories of my school mates and truly speaking, it’s something that I would never want to go off my mind. Through all these years, the only communication I had with them was through ta couple of handwritten letters, a few emails (when my typing speed was like 100 words per hour) and rare phone calls. Even, the photographs started fading away. I almost lost the hopes and was really doubtful that our roads will ever cross again. And then in a span of two days, I got to talk with two of my very good friends. Friends, whom I think I’ll always find by my side whenever, I need them. So, whoever has doubts about the presence of the supreme power, I think that my life would serve a pretty good example for them to start believing in god, to start believing the fact that, there is a design for everything, for every event to happen in a particular manner and at a predetermined time.

I still wonder that what makes me feel nostalgic about my school days. Was it all about freaking out of school and watching those movies? Was it all about those numerous trips to the best restaurants in and around the city? Was it all about those endless gossips (sweet nonsense)? Was it all? I don’t know the answer in its exact form. But, vaguely it seems to me that human mind has a tendency to take a saunter down the memory line and seek some solace from the past whenever it find itself in confusing or demanding situations. Memories can be painful but also believed to have excellent healing qualities.

I now am thinking that what will happen once I get through with my graduation program? Would I terribly miss these people who have been partners in my joys, sorrows and pain (even in crime)? Would I ever be able to forget my first crush in this college or that phone friend or this guy who has been my room mate for three long years and have been at the suffering end for all these years? I don’t know that what will happen in the next few years. Well, I think that these two lines are a close reflection of the state of my mind.

I M SURE EVEN IF LIFE SENDS US IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS,
OUR HEART WOULD BE JOINED FOREVER BY THE BOND OF LOVE.

No comments: