Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: A Rainy Relief.

May 1, 2006

A Rainy Relief.

The summer in Punjab is really devastating. The morning soothing sunlight has a mystique effect on you and you pray that god! Let it be like this for the whole of the remaining day. But, slowly you see the orange color fading into white and it seems that the whole sky is set ablaze. The morning joggers tend to finish their jogging routine early. You start sweating profusely in your first kilometer and even a seasoned campaigner can’t even manage to complete a two mile lap.

Well, in hostels, the inmates are broadly classified into two types. The morning types and the all-nighter type. The morning types sleeps early to wake up and see the rising sun. Now, it depends on their shape and intellect that, whether they decide to take a stroll, jog or read. The all-nighter ones stays up late in the night during most of the days and I bet that most of them don’t study for all those sleepless hours. I belong to the second type and usually I feel sleepy between 3 and 5 am. Last night, I was unable to go to bed due to an interesting LAN combat of Age of Empire and I was feeling restless so I switched on my computer and decided to avail the 2 MBPS leased line facility for surfing.

Coming back to the summer heat, it’s really unbearable during most of the part of the day. You can’t step outside of your room for the fear of getting scalded. But, I guess today it was a little different. At 6, I felt a gush of cold wind that left my door wide opened. The coldness of the wind made me look out of my window and what I saw was too surprising. Tiny droplets of water were falling down from the sky and I was too dumbfounded to realize that it was actually raining. I ran past my corridor, jumped down the stairs to enjoy the rain falling in my face. There it was, fresh, filled with the aroma of wet mud and green grass. A brief respite from the scalding heat of summer sun, a cold respite.

No comments: