Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: In comfort Zone.

Jul 25, 2006

In comfort Zone.

Here I am, sitting on the sofa near the hostel reception desk and watching news on TV. I am really delighted with this surprise news break that we have no classes for the second half of the day. Though I am still dressed in my formals and reluctant to walk three flight of stairs to my room, I know that I am in my comfort zone.

I remember that back in undergrad days, the very thought of a presentation or a seminar was well enough to give us sleepless nights. But here, if I go on behaving like the same, it'd be more like I won't be able to sleep for months. Last night was just one of those nights which was completely wasted on presentation. But, slowly my body and mind is becoming accustomed to it, I no more wish to sleep for 10 hrs a day. Just yesterdy after a nap in the evening I felt like mild fever running down my body.

After the crazy first and second week of the course, I am feeling that the third week is kinda easy but no, the thing is that third week is more hectic and as per the experience of the seniors, all the subsequent weeks will be more and more hectic. But once you accept this fact that life is really crazy here, it all becomes simple and you enter into a phase of learning. In a sense, you reinvent yourself, start getting accustomed to the new situations and then one fine day.. stop complaining.

Well, so the complaing part for me is over now. I am into third week here and I have realized that the only way to survive here is by actually surviving it. The only way to put my misery to an end is by actually cutting down on my sleep schedule and start enjoying my studies. I can summarise my learning from the first two week as MBA is all about attitude and emphasizing the fact that there are no right and wrong answers for a question. It's not about how much you learn? Rather, its all about whether you can learn or not? And yeah, the most important part of it is the definition of your comfort zone. Well as long as you are in a B School, your comfort zone will be your cozy little comfortable bed. Guess what? I am already half asleep. after all, no classes in the afternoon.

2 comments:

San said...

so this is what u were doing when i was bugging u for dvd's today afternoon:D cudnt agree with u more abt wht u have mentioned here

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»