Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: One Sunday Morning..

Aug 12, 2006

One Sunday Morning..

My eyes were full of sleep when my alarm went off at 6 am. I still remember that I slept at around 3:40 last night. As usual, I put it to snooze and went back to my dream (don't ask what B schoolers dream about). Suddenly, I felt that someone entered my room and is looking for something. I woke up to see what time it is, but wasn't able to locate my cell phone. So picked up my roomies mobile and dialled my number, the call is connected but I can't hear any ring tone. My mind was too slow to process that my phone is in silent mode. Now, I recall that to avoid bulk good morning SMS (which actually disturb your sleep) I usually put it to silent mode. So I started with the hunt and found it beneath the towel in five minutes. The time is 7 am. Well, breakfast is served at 9. So I have still two hours which i can spend sipping hot tea/coffee and watching TV (which airs all kind of Tamil songs which is beyond the comprehension of my mind and news which you don't want to comprehend actually) and i decided in the favor of the tea.
The tea was okay but the news was not. I thought about calling home and surprising everybody that I am up early and I did that. But well, it is always like this. We hate talking about academics and parents just love talking about them. Anyways, after a 10 minute call I now decide to make a list of "To DO THINGS" and put it on the wall. This actually looks like:
1) Read chapters 5 and 6 from Management Accounting book. (3 hrs)
2) Practice the exercises from 5 and 6. (3 hrs)
3) If doubts, read from slides (30 mins).
4) Work out stats problem and prepare for the quiz tommorrow. (2 hrs)
5) Solve the micro economics assignment questions. (1 hr)
6) read Microeconomics for the expected quiz tommorrow (1 hr).
7) Do the laundry (1 hrs).
Now, i calculate the total time required and still feel comfortable but suddenly I realize that there is a convocation function for the senior batch and attendance is mandatory. I calculate in my mind, 4 hours wasted. Lunch, dinner, coffee and magazine discussion session, another 2 hrs. Group discussion of probability and stats quiz will take up one hour and I still have to complete my MIS assignment. I do the calculation, about 20 hours of work. 24 hours in a day. When will I get the time to sleep?
But, then I see my roommate, who is happily sleeping. Probably I even know what he is dreaming about. Not only he, I can honestly tell that most of us dream about getting more than 24 hours in a day. i suddenly make a note of something. What will I do with my newly acquired DVDs from the burma bazaar? I also promised one of school time friends to take her to beach. Man! where is the time? It's already 9, I havent' even brushed my teeth, Also have to search for movie tickets for my friend.. Oh shit, I missed calling one of my friends on his birthday. What should i do now? I hear this internal voice.. sleep for some more time. It's sunday morning idiot. And guess what? I exactly gonna do that.

No comments: