Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: Just another day..

Aug 21, 2006

Just another day..


I woke up at 7 in the morning. Tea here is really good but seldom we get up in time to catch hold of that hot cuppa of morning tea. Today, courtesy Shiladitya, I had enough time to read newspaper also. But, then over the cup of the tea, I realized that I am still to do the group assignment. Now, there was the tradeoff, either a proper bath and a good breakfast or an hour at laptop doing some database stuff. Being a management student, you must be aware of your core competencies. Which means, you should be knowing it well that what are you good at and what are the things that you just can't do. Well, I finally settled the tradeoff in the favour of my peace of mind and that was another cup of tea, a 15 minute shower and a decent breakfast. 3:30 hours of lecture can grill you from inside. Economics was my favorite subject during my higher secondary and initially I felt very much comfortable with the concepts but now, I am slowly realizing that there is some difference in an elementary course in micro economics and a 3 credit course in the same as a part of your MBA.


Lunch is like a formality here. I eat it, because I have to. There is no other way out. You can't just eat out during weekdays as the one hour lunch break do not give you liberty enough to be choosy about lunch. It's like, during that half an
hour, my taste buds become insensitive. I can't even properly diffrentiate between South Indian and North Indian taste.

MBA curriculum definitely has an edge over other courses as it has a great tendency to keep you busy even without work. It emphasizes to a great extent on group learning but during the initial days you realize that groups are not always the best way to do things. Rather, sometimes it's more or less drives inefficiency in certain section of the group. Also, due to the competition creeping up into the system, interaction across groups reduces largely to a very formal level. Well, it's almost midnight and I guess tonight I am feeling a loss of sleep. Have studied all the way till 11:30 except an hour break for dinner but it seems that still there is a lot many things which demands my attention.

Most important of them is my people's skills. I guess, I am most often in contradiction with my own views. I get upset very easily, argue without reasons with closest of friends, becoming more and more self-centred day by day, things like me, mine and myself is corrupting my thoughts. I keep telling myself that things are under control and I am cool but the fact is I am becomoing more and more consious about the environment around me. Since the last few days, I am trying to find justification about this change in behaviour of mine, but the best explanation I can associate with it is that I am not different from others. But then, another question haunts me, Why do I need to be like others.. See, again I am confronting myself.. better I should sleep. I guess I am pretty normal, and it's nothing but a little loss of sleep and too much studying Organizational Behaviour. I am about to crash.. Good night..

1 comment:

shikhil said...

hi raj this is sanjeev. see thats the difference btn u n me.if i was to do the trade off i wud hav sacrificed tea ,bath and then being upset by it cudnt hav don the database entry.this sums up my life.