Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: Back in the undergraduate mould..

Sep 4, 2006

Back in the undergraduate mould..

I thought that I was changing but no, I haven’t changed much. Just yesterday one of my friends commented that he has heard of only one person who sleeps for 14 hours a day in his MBA. Well, I myself even haven’t heard of any such person. So I am back to my old engineering days where a day seems to be worth enough sleeping for like 14 hours. Life has certainly changed in some ways. Time is flying by so fast that we have almost reached the end of the first trimester. Till this time it has been a joy ridden for me. I was taking everything for granted. But, now I guess that a few more dismal performances in the quizzes and case presentations will put me into the back seat where I will be reduced to a mere spectator watching other people zoom past me due to the hard work that they are putting in now.

Now, if you are planning to go for a MBA, then I must warn you that this is the time (third month) when you will find everyone around you busy with their own things. You have to be choosy here with things like friends and study group because at this point of time the only thing that people care about is scores, scores and scores. Barring a few close friends, for others, their marginal willingness (have learnt this term only today in micro economic class), to help you will be nil.

Anyways, mid terms are all about sleepless nights, but for me MBA is turning into a long vacation. I am eating more, sleeping more and yeah thinking more. You know what is that stuff that I think about normally? Yeah, how to cut down on my sleeping schedule and the normal modus operandi is that I set up alarm for 5 in the morning to wake up only at 8.

No comments: