Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: Open Ended Questions..

Sep 18, 2006

Open Ended Questions..

Quantitative methods was my favorite subject at the beginning of the session. And call it Pygmallian effect or simply "self fulfilling prophecy" the professor saw some sparks in me which I honestly beleive were non-existent. Anyways, as the trimester progressed, as usual I slept into my undergraduate mould and decided to study only when it's absolutely necessary. So here are we now. We have a big presentation coming on wednesday and the case that is given to us is "Open Ended". I didn't realise the actual meaning of this jargon "Open Ended" until I did a google search on the case "Hershey Food" and found that the case is also non-existent on internet.

Well, I was not the only person who was brainstorming on this case. Everyone tried their luck with google and answers.com but well only the spark worked. PK Vishwanathan is not someone who gives you cases which are considered to be "baby food" he will rather wish to grill you down. Well, that is another case that he gives you fill in the blank questions which he only can fill and the very moment he mentions the word " Analyze,Criticize and Explain" that drives the whole batch crazy. We have still not answered his question that "What is the correlation between electricity and buffalow"? I guess that Lalu Yadav can answer this question well but that too will be possible only when he gets time out of his IIM lectures.

Now less than 36 hours are left for this case presentation and I am still struggling whether to perform this statistical test or that test. Truly its an open ended case. Anyways, this is life in a B school. Open ended. Always open ended.

No comments: