Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: Writing on the wall: "Implementation is difficult"

Sep 21, 2006

Writing on the wall: "Implementation is difficult"

Another compulsory seminar but well this time I was more than enthusiastic to attend this in spite of the fact that tomorrow I have to write the end term paper for the most dreaded subject and my decision making go well with the theme of the talk. We Indians really give a lot of emphasis on emotions rather than facts and figures and the moment I saw the name of Edward De Bono, it immediately clicked to my mind that I gonna enjoy the discussion.

Well, the fact is that I have done little for the accounting paper tomorrow (in a sense haven’t started actually) but still due to some emotions attended the seminar (making it compulsory obviously helped). It’s true that the most difficult art to master is the ability to think. As per the speaker, days of logical thinking is over and now is the time for creative thinking. To add to it, if I take my case, my thinking is completely unorganized so I need a certain amount of logic to be rational in my thinking. In a sense I rate logic as a measure of whether I am thinking in the right direction or not and creativity as the measure of how far I can go on that path. We can’t take out the importance of logic from the individual thought processing but being too much logical is a problem as you are putting a bound on your thoughts.

Another important point that clicked me is that “Out of the box” is not a process, it’s again a framework. I remember one instance when we were doing a presentation and the point of debate between the group members was that we were not able to think out of the box. I thought for the instance that what exactly is this “Out of the box thinking”? Is it just a flash of spark which will come to your mind when you keep saying to yourself that “I have to think out of the box?” I guess “no”.

Well, in a brief period of about one hour Mr. K. R. Ravi who has trained under legendary Edward De Bono, explained us the issues related to our education system, common mistakes that we often make in taking decisions, importance that we give to emotions and the way we tend to overlook facts and figures to drive home a point. This is something that we have inherited from our culture and my personal opinion is that reading books and merely thinking about thinking is not itself sufficient in infusing a dose of creativity in our thoughts as the most difficult thing to do is IMPLEMENTATION. I am going to write it on my wall in a bid to make it a part of my memory that “IMPLEMENTATION IS DIFFICULT”. I honestly believe that this one idea has the capability to change your whole life but then again implementation is difficult. Isn’t it?

1 comment:

Drushti said...

Well written ..