Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: Life is really beautiful.

Jan 14, 2007

Life is really beautiful.

It was one fine day in March when my surgeon announced that you are out of any danger my son! But you have to continue with the chemicals for one more month as to make sure that your system remains immune. I was diagnosed with Lymphoma in June 2005 and had excision biopsy to confirm that. If I say that I was not terrified at any moment then probably I would be lying because I was really terrified. Not for me but for my family members who knew that I was just one diagnosis away from death. Months of chemotherapy followed and I crawled my way out of the claws of cancer. Well, most of my friends were unaware of this and probably if I say today that I was with them laughing, shouting and cracking jokes during my final days in college probably no body will believe this but it was one truth that I chose to hide from everyone and my family chose to hide it from my Mom. I was completely unsure about my future and every swig of those chemicals use to remind me of that terrible thing that I was carrying inside my neck. My emotional trauma was so overwhelming that I use to cry alone in dark and those were the times when my thoughts really shaped up. Those were the moment when I decided about moving ahead with my MBA. I indulged myself in reading. All sort of reading. I indulged myself in other activities but this thing was always playing at the back of my mind that I was living a borrowed life.

Today I am here, six months deep into my MBA waiting for my summer placements where I would be perhaps closest to any organizational setup and which will decide the direction of my career but then if I have to pick one period in which I have learnt the most is not these six months of MBA or tiring years of Engineering but rather those 12 months when I was hanging between life and death. Well, it’s no mean achievement considering the fact that some spend their entire lives and never realize the purpose of their lives.

Humour:
My friends always ask me that how come I manage to sleep so much as it’s considered a crime to sleep for more than 3 hours a day in a B school but then probably because I know what I have to do with my life. Nice excuse, isn’t it?

2 comments:

Drushti said...

hey went through your blog after a long time...never new this tragedy of your life..and I really felt sorry for that...life teaches us lessons in its own ways...and its good that you utilized that one year period to enhance your life...All the best ..!!

* Humor :- Keep blabbering. We all like your this habit !!

P said...

I am glad the difficulties in ur life have made you BETTER and not BITTER!Nice blog:)