Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: Aloo Parathas for breakfast.

Jul 4, 2007

Aloo Parathas for breakfast.


My friend called me in the morning and asked me to hurry for breakfast in one of her strict voices but then the thought of having Vada (Idli /Sambhar /Chutney /Upma
/Pongal) as breakfast is something which prevents me from getting out of my bed early in the morning. And if any one of you are asking why then have Vada for the breakfast for one year and then ask me. I know I am exaggerating a bit but still I can't stand Vada for breakfast. So, in my usual sleepy voice I asked her to hang up so that I can dream for some more time (I dream about Parathas ofcourse). Breakfast is not normally bad as Dosa and a continental breakfast on Sunday are something that eveyone relish here


Well, my cell rang for another time and this was a sms from one of the "early to bed early to rise" girl who was informing about the news of the day that there is Aloo Parathas for the breakfast. Wow! what a surprise? I thanked god and rushed to the mess in a half asleep, half awake mood and to my utter delight there it was Aloo Ka Paratha teasing me. I was so happy to see it but the moment I tasted it, all my delight was gone. The curry with it was equally good, I finished it without knowing that what exactly was it made from? Anyways, I gobbled up a few pieces of Aloo Parathas with large swigs of water to gulp it down my throat. Now when I have woke up atleast have to complete the formalities of a breakfast. Had two cups of tea to wake myself properly.

Well, the incident just made me remember those good old days of Engineering college where we thought that the Parathas served to us were the worst in the world. But today, when I reflect on all that I think that I can give anything for one breakfast of that kind. 10 Rs and you have plates full with Parathas, curd, pickles, butter, milk and tea. Food is something that I think will keep me connected to my Punjab connection. Anyways, you have to pay the price for moving to a bigger and better city

1 comment:

Who M I said...

i guess now only we can realise d worth of those big n yummy aaloo ka paranthas....still we used to say my god how can any1 eat them....:)
but ya we gain sum n loose sum...