Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: Flirting With FATE..

Jan 31, 2006

Flirting With FATE..

When i got a chance to be interviewed by TCS last August, i thought that if i can clear the technical interview then there will be no looking back from there. I breezed past the technical session without much glitches but, then i learned one very important lessons of my life but, probably the hardest way.

I was denied a position just because i expressed a profound interest in management education and also expressed my strong beliefs in working for my self gratification rather than for money. I was denied a position because i missed out on cramming up the answers of pertinent questions like strengths and weakness and 10 things you know about our company types. My mistake was that i tried to be original. Well does these things matter?? I mean i can't take up some menial work just because i want to earn a filthy amount of money or to have a good job profile (at the best i'd have got something like software tester or junior level programmer) to put a little of more weight in the matrimonial profile. I dont want to comment on the recruitment strategies and principles of these software companies.
Six months have passed since then and I am happy to have chosen a different career path. I am glad that i have stayed true to my perception. . A perception of finding some work which i can blend into. A job should be such that you can extend your personality to the workplace, where you can blend your actions into your enthusiasm and creativity.

I have come across a couple of profiles of persons who left their million dollar jobs just to be a part of the greater societal change in their respective societies. What kind of kicks these guyz feel when they decide to start a school instead of taking a lucrative job after passing out of IIMs? Or what could be said about those IITians, who on one fine day, call it all quit and return to their ancestral land just to start a political party? Take the example of this particular person who left his job of MIcrosoft to start a NGO (working in the area of basic education in Nepal and other countries) and who is now happily called the Bill Gates of Charity.. What are these guyz doing? Are they trying to flirt with their fates? or are they creating their own destinies? I don't think that these questions are important but i believe that the answers are...

No comments: