Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: Writing a journal article is easy - Reading is tough..

Mar 15, 2007

Writing a journal article is easy - Reading is tough..

The journal in question is the South Asian journal of Marketing, which I accidently picked up from the shelves and went on to read an article titled "Consumer's attitude towards brand extension". Well, I don't know whether I got something from that article or not but then I guess now I know about how to say a simple things in 15 pages. Writing a journal is an art of putting things together from let's say some 100 other publications. Not an easy task but then reading it is a hell lot of difficult too. At the end of every sentence you will see the source and you will feel frustrated that what the hell is this? And some of the most popular sources were Keller, Kotler and blah blah whom we have come to question and hate. Anyways, atleast now I know that to write a journal article you need to be very well read and perhaps you have to be prepared that nobody will ever read it. May be even the author might not have read it ever again.

No comments: