Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: Eklavya : Dont expect anything.

Feb 16, 2007

Eklavya : Dont expect anything.



Seldom you see a congregation of so many star faces, seldom you expect poor show from Vidhu Vinod chopra and seldom you expect Amitabh to be a part of such a poor thing. But well, all of that has happened with this movie Eklavya which I think is a sheer waste of time and money. To comment about story, i think that there is no story and it's just an idea to bring some stars under one flag and make them act pretending that you are going to make a movie of the lifetime. Sanju baba has no role to play and he is out there only for a couple of scenes. I think the director could have saved a lot of bucks by putting any tom dick harry in his place. Same could be said about the role of Jacky and Jimmy Shergil. They are again out of place and a poor fit to the movie plot.

The story is set in Rajasthan somewhere in 70's or 80's and Amitabh is serving as guard to the royal family and he has some secrets which he will take to his grave. His father laid his life to save the highness and he is supposed to do the same. Raima sen is again a waste here in a role of girl who is half insane or half sane (I mean the way you like it). I was unable to comprehend half the dialogues they were saying and there was this scene where Amitabh shoots at a pigeon with blindfold on and catches the ghungroos. Man, any tom dick or harry can catch ghungroos with a blindfold on.

Well, I think that I was sleeping in theatre holding my head after a long long time (I don't remember any such instance after Trimoorti). Well, for me it was really a bad bad experience. So my advise is that don't expect anything from this movie.

1 comment:

Drushti said...

Chakpak chakpak ho rahela hai bhai !!