Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: Incredible Marketing..

Feb 28, 2007

Incredible Marketing..

Marketing lecture by Prof. Venu Gopal is the one thing for which I can stay awake all night or even for that reason can get up early in the morning. In an incredible display of humour he reveals the intricacies of marketing in a manner which is captivating as well as enlightening. Well, if I use some more fancy words probably he will kill me for that because as much as he hates Kotler, he hate us using jargonified language. Language should be simple enough to make sense and clear enough to drive the point home. One out of the many interesting topics he took for us is how to use strategy and planning in our lives. And the only learning is that, these things doesn't even matter. In the end what matters is the clarity of your goal and how focused you are towards those objectives. If you are sensible enough you can figure out a strategy and then planning is nothing but seeing the strategy through.
Big questions before me?
  • My objective? I am not sure.
  • My strategy? I don't know.
  • My Plan? I am not sure about the strategy, so I can actually avoid this question because as per our professor, Planning comes later.

This is not all, Marketing is one subject at IFMR for which I can bet my life. I still wonder that how come a person who dreamt about investment banking for all these years actually change his mind to switch to marketing in 3 hours? Well, don't get amused. It's me and the only reason I see is nothing but Incredible Marketing by a professor with incredible sense of humour.

No comments: