Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: My sales blog..

Feb 24, 2007

My sales blog..

I thought, it could be a nice idea to pen down my attitude, emotions and behaviour towards sales job on one page so that the sum total of everything can be a nice HR case (or atleast first hand salesman's experience). So there came the idea of a separate blog for my sales experience which will benefit me in keeping track of my own performance as well as those poor souls next year who will have to venture into similar territory. I really dread the sales job and I am wondering where do I fit given my zero knowledge of Tamil and Chennai roads.

But well, I have started working on it and have to improve my knowledge about Chennai, the psychology of people, their buying behaviour and then also have to make a serious attempt in learning the language. I do not fear the heat as my skin is sun screen ready (given the dark tan complexion I have) and neither the hostility of the shop keeper as I have nothing to loose (sales people are supposed to be dignity less people for the first two years on job).

So, you can guess what's waiting for me this summer but well I will pen down or pain-down whichever sounds appropriate everything from perception to emotion and attitude to moments of solitude (if any) on my blog. This will be accessible at http://honestsalesman.blogspot.com . I guess each one of us should do a similar thing. This will help you accumulate thoughts and contribute towards the making of bigger picture in form of knowledge repository.

No comments: