Dreamzzz, Desires n Desperation...: iT raINED iN cHennAI..

Jun 18, 2007

iT raINED iN cHennAI..

I was talking on phone with my friend when the first of the drops fell on my arms. I thought it's just one of those teasing drizzles which I am seeing since the last three days. The hovering clouds will just build your anticipation and then will tease you with light drizzles before dwindling away. The next drop hit me hard and then drops kept hitting me here, there and everywhere. It was actually raining. Chennai received the first rain of the season. First good rain and good means it rained intermittently throughout the night. I love rain because it brings memories along with it for that reason I love it like anything. During my school days, when most of the paeople used to wait till it stop pouring, back then also I preferred walking in rain. The first drops touching your skin and then traveling all the way down your spine finally to break off your body, that feeling is amazing.

I kept talking on phone. Though I was worried about my phone but still it's Nokia. Nothing happens to a Nokia phone. I started walking down the street and was the only maniac doing that. Normally in this weather what you need is hot steaming cup of Coffee/Tea and unlimited supply of hot and fried snacks like pakodas. Back home I would have stayed in Balcony enjoying the sight or sometime I play with kids on the terrace. My mom always had a hard time dealing with my mud soaked clothes but still she never tried to take away this idea of fun from me and I remember how I use to drag my friends to play football which use to become mudball.

Chennai is a metro and the rain here is not as beautiful as the rain in Ranchi (its a small hill station) because here the rain is associated with a lot of problems like water logging and the infamous smell. But still, I guess that the first wave of showers have washed out the heat from the city. The following days will get hotter but still everytime it will rain, it will bring back some fresh stories from inside.

1 comment:

Who M I said...

i have heard too much bout ranchi...so buddy wud definitely love 2 see it...hope we will manage 2 take out time 4m our busy schedules..:))
i luv rains tooo...